Let’s bring the circular economy to every corner of the world
The club started with the mission to bring the circular economy framework to every city and town in the world. We can make smart changes happen, and we are working on it.
Anna Tari is the Founder and CEO of the Circular Economy Club (CEC), which began in 2012 as a knowledge hub and started running as a club in London in 2015. From the start, CEC spurred an open, global and collaborative dialogue to share best practices and connect stakeholders working on circular economy around the world. From its humble beginnings as a website, today CEC has grown into the platform for connecting the circular economy community.
Anna is from Elche (Spain) and she is based in Boston (United States), where she researches at Boston University about how to market the circular economy to increase adoption. She received a Fellowship from LaCaixa Foundation, handed by the King of Spain, to pursue her PhD about circular economy and marketing in the United States. She won the Ibero-American Youth Award in 2018, which was handed by the Prime Minister of Spain. She was a Finalist of the United Nations World Champions of the Earth 2019, the United Nations SDG Awards in 2018 and the 2018 edie Sustainability Leaders Awards. She is also in the 30under30 list 2019 of the North American Association for Environmental Education.
She previously worked on the skills needed for this new economy. Her last book, “Undergraduate Kit: From the University to the Labour Market of the 4th Industrial Revolution“, served as a manual for students to understand the changes that are taking place in the labour market and how to adapt their skills to it. Previously, Anna managed relations with national governments, embassies, companies and national associations at the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) in London. Anna worked in the Communications Department of the UN Agency for tourism, the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), among other communication and innovation consultant experiences working with startups, foundations, local and national governments.
Anna’s passion for communicating innovations drove her to be a TEDx licensee and organizer in her hometown. She graduated with honors from her Management Degree at University of Alicante (Spain). After graduating, Anna put together a project to research about innovation in Silicon Valley (California). She managed to get funding and interest from universities and companies to do a research stay in California where she developed what turned out to be her Master thesis in Applied Economics and became the USA International Relations manager of the research group she was part of at the moment.
As the CEC Founder, Anna drives the strategic direction of the club and helps team members find their way to contribute to the club and make the most out of it.
- Feature in the 50 Most Innovative Youth Solutions Report towards United Nations SDGs 2019
- Global Youth Empowerment Fund - Finalist
- 30under30 2019 of the North American Association for Environmental Education
- Global Good Awards UK - Bronze 2019
- United Nations Young World Champion of the Earth for the Americas 2019 Finalist
- Highly Commended, Circular Awards 2019, by World Economic Forum (WEF) & Accenture
- Ibero-American Youth Award 2018 - given by the OIJ, handed by the Prime Minister of Spain
- Global Game Changers 2018 Finalist
- United Nations Global Action 2018 Finalist
- LaCaixa Foundation 2017 Fellow - given by LaCaixa, handed by the King of Spain
- edie Sustainability Leaders 2016 - Finalist
- Nominated Young Latinamerican Leader 2012 from University of Alicante
- Formula-Santander 2011 Fellow
- London - Government & Industry Affairs Coordinator at the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
- Madrid - Communications at the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- Barcelona and Valencia - Innovation Manager at Master Tour Alliance
- Alicante - Researcher at INNATUR Group, University of Alicante
- PhD Management (Marketing track) student, Boston University (Boston, USA)
- MA in Applied Economics, University of Alicante (Alicante, Spain) - graduated with Honors, 3-months exchange in California
- BA in Business Management, University of Alicante (Alicante, Spain) - graduated with Honors, 1-year exchange in London
Featured speaking engagements
- Harvard Graduate School of Design: Applications to Design & the Built Environment
- Boston University Lecture in Marketing for Non-profits in the Circular Economy
- United Nations OnePlanet webinar: Circular Economy in Tourism
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation - Cities Network webinar
- Beyond Tomorrow Conference - Canada
- Circular Economy Debate at the European Parliament during the Entrepreneurship School of ThinkYoung with Lieve Wierinck (Member of the European Parliament), Anna Tari (Circular Economy Club) and Sophia Chrysopolou (Public Affairs Senior Advisor from The Coca-Cola Company)
- CEC 2018 Year-in-review
- 4 Key Learnings after CEC launches the largest circular economy database worldwide
- 5 Communications Secrets to Foster Sustainability
Linkedin profile: Anna Tari