There are 2 objectives for your Screening:
- Showing different stakeholders in your city what the circular economy means in practical terms; and
- Discuss how the circular economy can be implemented in your city.
Your Circular Economy Screening should be a 3.5-hour session, with the following structure:
- 25 min – Registration and welcome drinks
- 10 min – Introduce yourself, CEC, the Screening and explain how the session will work
- 95 min – Screening of "Closing the Loop" film
- 50 min – Open discussion and session wrap-up
- 40 min – Networking time
1. Registration and welcome drinks – for people to get to know each other
It is important to welcome the team members with a warm smile and enthusiasm. We advise picking a team member who has strong people skills. We have put together a sample template to register attendees, please make sure to record who has attended so we can have the record of this and you can send them a thank you note following the event. Usually, free events, have a 50% attendance rate, take this into consideration when sending invites and tracking accepted invites. For sessions that can hold 30 attendees, we advise having at least 60 people registered to attend.
You can use name badges, with big print, to help your attendees easily identify each other. Including job titles on name badges also works well, but try and get creative and maybe instead include information such as: “Talk to me about X topic” to stimulate conversations and interactions.
Welcome your attendees into a lobby or lounge area. Provide some water (infused with lemon), juices or non-alcoholic drinks, etc. Your role as an organiser is to introduce people to each other and make everyone feel inclusive.
In the entrance of your event or/and during the welcome drinks, project the holding slide. Click on the image below to download the holding slide and add the name of your city to replace the text in brackets.
2. Introduce yourself, CEC, the CEC Global Screening and your session
After the welcome drinks, allow 5 minutes to walk your attendees to the room where the session will take place. The images below are examples of a room set up. You will need:
- A screen for the powerpoint slides and for the film
During the introduction, you will use the slides below, to:
- Introduce the session, yourself and your team, hosts and sponsors, introduce CEC, the Screening Session; and
- Explain to your attendees that after the screening, you will discuss how to bring circular economy ideas to your city and how to implement them in specific terms
Click on the image to download the session slides, edit as per the instructions below and save on your computer.
- Download the slides
- On the first slide, add the name of your city where it says (INPUT YOUR CITY NAME)
- Read the footnotes of every slide, they can serve as a guide to your speech on the day
- Feel free to translate into the native language of your city, but keep CEC format and branding
3. Screening session - 95 minutes
- Closing the Loop on Vimeo (Worldwide)
- Closing the Loop on Amazon (US)
- Closing the Loop on Amazon (UK)
4. Discussion and wrap-up
Draw the groups’ attention back to the screen using the slides for the discussion:
- Collect ideas on which of the opportunities you have seen in the film can be implemented in your city?
- Who do we need to get on board to implement them?
- Which other opportunities are there in our city?
- How should we proceed to implement them?
For the wrap-up, ask all attendees:
- What was the one thing you gained from this session?
- What type of sessions would you like to have in the future? (for example panel discussions on circular design, workshops on business models, etc) and make sure to note down all suggestions.
- Aim to get 3 or 4 answers from all attendees collectively rather than for each person.
5. Networking time after the event
Once you finish wrapping up, do the following:
- Say that you will be sending CEC the compilation of all the responses from the discussion and the photos of the session. Both will be posted on the CEC website;
- Thank everyone for attending, and your team for their support and efforts;
- Invite everyone to have a drink/bite at the after-session room and go with them; and
- Help people make connections. You are the facilitator and the face of the event, so enjoy!
6. How to send the support team at CEC your compilation of circular initiatives
After the session, Screening Organizers will send CEC:
- Emails of all attendees using sample template, so CEC can send them information on the upcoming CEC global initiatives;
- Photos of the session, to be upload onto the CEC website under your session page; and
- Be prepared to answer questions about CEC. People will ask you things such as:
- When did CEC start? 2012 as a website, 2014 running events
- Where is CEC headquartered? London, UK
- How many members does CEC have? over 2,600 in over 60 countries
- Is CEC a not-for-profit? Yes
- Who runs CEC? Team
- What will CEC do with the circular initiatives after the session? include them in a public directory and invite all members to access
- Use the ‘About Us‘ to prepare for such questions and write to brune@CircularEconomyClub.comfor any questions ahead of your event.
2. Run the session with your team before the event.
3. Be yourself, enjoy the experience and be proud of you and your team. You will be rewarded for your great work, not only through increased visibility by being the CEC face in your city and worldwide, but also through future collaborations that are the result of your ambitions and proactive nature in hosting this event.
Return to Screening Organiser Toolkit homepage.