One of the main goals of CEC is to drive attention around the topic of circular economy. Social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter are vibrant online forums for CEC Organizers to bring together their local communities by keeping your local members engaged in your activities while connecting local members to the CEC global community.
Tips for your local CEC to get exposure on CEC global channels:
- Regularly share your screening event listing at CEC from your individual or organizations accounts.
- If you would like to share your local updates across CEC global accounts, write to brune@CircularEconomyClub.com with information. Send also 3-4 organizations you would like to be tagged in the post.
- Engage your community, ask attendees to take photos during the event and share their favorite photos and discussions, tagging CEC in Twitter via @CircularEClub or in other social networks via ‘Circular Economy Club’
- Invite your local members to engage with the CEC global channels (below) and frequently share your activity on the global CEC Facebook and CEC LinkedIn groups.
For how to promote your activities in your own CEC channels please review the brand guidelines.
If you have a personal or professional blog, write a post about the circular economy and your CEC event. If you know of sustainability bloggers interested in writing about your CEC screening, brief them about the event and ask them to publish a guest post on their blog.
Promotion & Press
Press is an exciting way to bring attention to your session. Just remember that it is very important to adhere to the high standards of the CEC brand. Always only speak from your CEC (YOURCITY) viewpoint and never for CEC itself. The best way to engage press is to through a press release, using:
- The CEC (YOUR CITY) name, CEC Logo and your event’s name
- Location (be specific)
- Date and time
- Who can participate
- Website: www.CircularEconomyClub.com/yourCECpageURL
- Your contact information
- A paragraph about the goals of your event (be clear and specific)
- Also include: About CEC YOUR CITY: The Circular Economy Club (CEC) is the international network of over 2,600 circular economy professionals in over 60 countries. CEC YOUR CITY/ORGANIZATION is managed voluntarily by YOURNAME and TITLE with the aim to bring the CEC brand and activities to YOURCOUNTRY and strengthen the circular community in our region.
Return to Screening Organiser Toolkit homepage.