Identifying circular opportunities from a multi-stakeholder perspective and launching a circular strategy for Brussels.
When: 14 November 2019, 9am-1pm
Where: 110-112, Charleroise Steenweg, 1060 Brussels
What is the "Circular Cities Week"?
“Circular Cities Week” is an annual, decentralized global event. During the week, CEC City Organizers in more than 100 cities will organize workshops to identify opportunities and next steps to encourage implementation of the circular economy in their cities. This process will include bringing in stakeholders from city governments, private and nonprofit sectors, and academia—and providing a multi-stakeholder call to action.
The objectives of the week are twofold:
• Convince and support city governments to publish a local circular economy strategy plan with clear goals for their city
• Create an open-source report of challenges, opportunities and next steps for all the participating cities
Who is the event for?
Architects, Designers, Engineers and Makers
Established companies and Start-ups in the energy sector, agriculture, construction, textiles/fashion, electronics, renewable energies, etc
Consultants, Business leaders and Strategists
Education professionals and Researchers
NGOs and professional associations
Supporters of the circular economy
- Welcome to the Circular Cities Week, Adeline Michaux
- The Shift towards a Circular Economy, Emmanuel Mossay
- Circular Economy @Brussels, Anthony Naralingom
- The ecosystem Approach , Béatrice de Maheu
- The status of Circular Food, Textile, Water and Textile in Brussels moderated by Vanessa Wabitsch
Group session to idetify challenges and opportunities in 4 sectors:
- the key circular opportunities to tackle,
- some concrete suggestions of political support at Brussels level,
- the necessary ecosystems to build in order to co-create circular solutions at a systemic level,
- the decision-makers who need to be involve.
After the effort, the reward! We will therefore finish by a networking lunch 😉
Join us and register now via the following link:
Please note that registration is valid after the confirmation email due to limited places.