THE MIDTOWN BIG IDEAS EXCHANGE (MBIE) IS LONDON’S MOST INNOVATIVE AND DYNAMIC PROGRAMME OF DEBATES, WORKSHOPS, PODCASTS, RESEARCH AND THOUGHT LEADERSHIP ABOUT THE FUTURE OF WORK
Our programme is grounded in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (“SDGs”) – these are a set of targets agreed by the UN in 2015. We have identified four where we believe Midtown businesses can have the biggest impact – Reduced Inequalities (SDG 10); Sustainable Cities And Communities (SDG 11); Responsible Consumption And Production (SDG 12); and Partnerships For The Goals (SDG 17).RE-IMAGINING CAPITAL: DEFINING VALUE IN A CIRCULAR ECONOMY
About this Event
Focusing on the Pillar of SDG12 “Responsible Consumption and Production”, the second event of the MIDTOWN BIG IDEAS EXCHANGE series looks at sustainable consumption within business. We will draw upon actionable examples from our panel of experts, examining how businesses are re-thinking value creation by embracing the concept of the circular economy, and what impact this is having on behaviours of suppliers, employees and customers.
The circular economy isn’t a new concept, but the habits of ‘take-make-dispose’ have proved hard to break. By attending this event you will walk away with a greater understanding of how business models can be re-defined to drive measurable growth, with examples you can take back to your organisation. Could these insights benefit your team? Invite them to this event by adding tickets for them below.
What to expect - attend this event and learn:
• How to implement effective and responsible supply chain management
• Is the circular economy achievable?
• What increased consumer awareness about responsible consumption and production means for your business
• How to work with employees to change their consumption habits
• How to identify and measure areas for improvement in your business' supply chain
• How you can be innovative with your waste management