Resource Recovery from Waste Conference 2019
Resource Recovery for a Clean, Low-Carbon and Resource Efficient Economy
16th January 2019, One Great George Street, London
The conference will showcase the key achievements of the the Resource Recovery from Waste programme covering: technologies and approaches to recover resources from industrial, mining and organic wastes; novel assessment tools to optimise the value created in resource recovery systems across multiple domains (economic, technical, environmental and social); and a shared vision for the transition a the circular economy, bringing together academic, government and industry perspectives.
It will also highlight where changes in policy will be needed to realise the full benefits envisaged for the UK economy, society and environment. A panel discussion will review current progress in implementing resource recovery approaches, and identify the future challenges and opportunities ahead.
Confirmed external speakers and panellists:
- Laura Sandys, runs 21stCentury Energy Regulatory Commission with Imperial College, is Deputy Chair of the Food Standards Agency, and is working on the Resources Sector Deal
- Tom Murray, Defra, Deputy Head of Resources and Waste Policy – Evidence and Analysis
- Peter Quinn, Tata Steel, Head of Climate Change, Environmental Policy and Strategy
- Adam Read, SUEZ Recycling & Recovery UK, Director of External Affairs, and incoming President for the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management, CIWM
- Andy Rees, Welsh Government, Head of Waste Strategy
- Jacqui Murray, Innovate UK, Deputy Director – Faraday Battery Challenge
- Jim Wharfe, Environment Consultant
- Ned Garnett, NERC, Associate Director of Research
- The conference will also hear from the six projects that make up the Resource Recovery from Waste programme: MeteoRR, B3, R3AW, INSPIRE, AVAnD and CVORR
For further details and to register for the conference, please see our RRfW Conference 2019 webpage. Early bird registration has now been extended to 21st December, and registration closes 2nd January 2019.