The PVH Supply Circularity team was created to ensure that PVH creates and operationalizes a circular supply chain platform in Ethiopia that prepares PVH for the changing sustainability environment and the ever changing retail environment.
The Director Supply – Circularity will be responsible for providing direction and oversight to the entire project while working with partners to create and operationalize the Circular supply chain platform in Ethiopia. Partner with key stakeholders, including the PVH Corporate Responsibility team, to scope and implement pilots/projects across the value chain and support the long-term strategic vision, while unlocking white space opportunities.
The Director will be responsible for driving measurable behavior change, both internal/industry and consumer, by expanding and improving upon existing programs as well as developing new programs and initiatives around circular economy.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Champion the development, adoption, and implementation of circular supply chain platform in Ethiopia across the PVH value chain; in partnership with various PVH teams (i.e. Corporate Responsibility, Brand Leadership).
- Create circular supply chains that are as cost effective, or more cost effective, than current supply chain by the reuse of our own materials or materials that have already been processed to a higher state.
- Maintain holistic view of forward looking global business strategy in order to identify, connect and deliver initiatives and opportunities that drive and enhance category & industry leadership.
- Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from all constituents.
- Engage and consult with Sr. Leadership (all functional areas) to understand their business requirements related to circular supply chain platform in Ethiopia standards and solutions.
- Work with points of contact in Supply Chain, Design, Merchandising, and Logistics, and related functions to embed circularity into existing processes and the template for a circular supply chain platform in Ethiopia.
- Partner with the PVH Corporate Responsibility team and Innovation teams, in regards to the circular supply chain platform in Ethiopia project, to:
- Coordinate with the Europe and Asia regions to understand and leverage their circular economy and sustainability initiatives across PVH.
- Establish and manage relationships with key technology and research institutions around the world (e.g. academia, multi-stakeholder organizations, governments, incubators) to support circular economy innovation and best-practice scouting efforts.
- Interact with Governments and Legal representatives to support the legality of implementing a circular platform in countries of choice.
- Building relationships with outside brands, retailers and manufacturers in order to drive pilots and implementation at scale.
- Partner with L1/2 vendors/suppliers to execute strategic projects, evolve manufacturing practices, and deliver impactful solutions across the value chain.
- Partner with leveraged teams to identify opportunities and inter-dependencies across the corporation.
- You will manage the process of scouting new sustainable technological innovations, vetting with key (internal/external) supply chain partners, and facilitating the internal assessment of impact on the blueprint.
- Study external industries & global trends and conduct competitive analysis in order to identify white space opportunities and make recommendations for application within brands/business.
- Understand macro trends including trade policy, track and monitor opportunities & impact to business.
- Lead & develop team of direct reports & further develop strategic capability offshore.
- Influence and liaise across the corporation to create partnerships, drive alignment, and achieve results.
- Communicate strategies, progress & results to multiple functions & levels to provide visibility and gain buy-in.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8-10 years of experience in supply chain function, strategy role, or consulting.
- 3-5 years' professional experience preferably with a sustainability focus.
- Degree, or prior work experience, preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- Building and manage process
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Fast paced and results driven
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH