Manager, Built Environment - Europe
Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Amsterdam-based team to accelerate adoption and maximize the positive impact of the Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Products Program in the Built Environment sector.
As the standard-setting organization and certification body for the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, the Institute works closely with leading organizations worldwide to guide and validate their efforts to apply the principles of material health, circular economy, carbon management, water stewardship and social fairness to product design and manufacturing. The Manager, Built Environment, will work closely with product manufacturers, suppliers, accredited assessors and other industry influencers and stakeholders to increase awareness of the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, adoption of Cradle to Cradle certification, and demand for Cradle to Cradle Certified products.
The Institute is seeking a motivated, resourceful professional with business development and building industry experience to lead efforts to increase Cradle to Cradle Certified building products and materials across Europe. The Manager will bring a strong knowledge of the building industry, a proven record of effective relationship management and a genuine passion for advancing the Cradle to Cradle Principles.
- Develop and implement effective business development strategy, plan, budget and targets for regional built environment sector
- Meet or exceed annual certification targets
- Identify, cultivate, manage and track opportunities with prospective certificationholders, funders and partners
- Manage relationships with existing and prospective building industry customers,partners and funders
- Define customer needs and priorities, and assist with the development of toolsand resources that facilitate use and increase value of the Cradle to CradleCertified Product Standard
- Organize and execute business development events and educationalprogramming for building industry stakeholders including product manufacturers, architects, designers, consultants, contractors, owners/developers, academics, policy makers, and financial institutions.
- Represent C2CPII at regional building industry meetings and events.
- Secure sponsorships and/or grants necessary to deliver sector-specificresources, tools, or events.
- Prepare market briefs, reports, and other materials as needed to meet internal and external research and reporting needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study, Master’s preferred
- 7+ years related experience in market/business development
- Building industry knowledge/expertise/relationships
- Demonstrable knowledge of Cradle to Cradle, circular economy and sustainability principles
- Strong understanding of key sustainability trends, initiatives and challenges within the building industry
- Proven ability to influence and partner with business leaders
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, additional languages preferred
- Desire for continued learning
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work within set timelines
- Self-starter, able to initiate projects and work independently
- Proven teamwork skills both as a leader and cross-functional team member
Flexible. Amsterdam preferred.
Why work with us:
- Be part of a global organization at the leading edge of standard-setting for safe, circular and responsible products and materials.
- Engage with innovators to address systemic challenges to responsible production and consumption at the product, business and industry level.
- Interact with leading corporations, network organizations, NGOs and SMEs within the green building movement and beyond.
- Work with talented, like-minded, mission-driven colleagues.
- Be challenged to think beyond traditional approaches to sustainability.
- Shape a positive future for product design and manufacturing by connecting thevision of a thriving global circular economy to practical, real-world applications.
To apply, please submit a current resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com.