SecondMuse is looking for a Community Manager to play a key role in the San Francisco, California based office. The work will involve a combination of communications and community engagement across a portfolio of programs. Initially, the Community Manager will support the implementation of two innovation programs, 1) a multi-year initiative to accelerate innovations for youth wellbeing, and 2) an innovation challenge to convene the food system around a 2050 vision.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, with potential for growth at SecondMuse.
- Manage program communications with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, as well as Mailchimp, Slack and strategic email, blog, and website content.
- Support the implementation of programs with a specific focus on community engagement and relationship building.
- Support incubation and organizational events, workshops, and convenings by promoting them and sharing stories via communications channels. Help lead experience design of events, integrating storytelling efforts.
- Head into the field to develop new relationships with stakeholders and deepen existing ones, bringing your own experience, network, and universe.
- Schedule and hold yourself accountable to monthly editorial calendars, impact tracking, and highlighting favorite moments along the journey.
- Develop decks, case studies and communications assets for the San Francisco team and wider SecondMuse business units.
- Brainstorm ideas for new and effective ways for SecondMuse to leverage communications to connect with new and existing communities.
- Support the broader San Francisco and SecondMuse teams in distributing email and social media communications related to the implementation of programs, building communications understanding, capacity and engagement among key team members.
- Be kind and altruistic. Recognize the importance of doing high-quality work while creating space to laugh along the way.