Build the knowledge and skills necessary to help communities design and develop more sustainable housing and transportation options.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Understand the tenets of green building, including water, energy, resource efficiency, and waste reduction.
- Implement greenhouse gas emission management principles, such as emission reduction goals, accounting techniques and standards, and comprehensive emissions reduction plans.
- Analyze energy audits, conservation measures, codes and standards, and daylight simulation/modeling tools for various building types.
- Lead effectively in a variety of organizational contexts using change management principles.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
EARNING THE CERTIFICATE
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Green Building and Community Sustainability requires four courses:
- Green building knowledge courses (choose any two courses from select group)
- Green building skill courses (choose any two courses from select group)
More information here.