The circular economy Read more [...]
The circular economy continues to be top of mind across industries and markets. Supply chains around the world are already being asked to develop new capabilities to support circular business models. The circular supply chain supports a multi-directional and endless flow of materials - among many partners – and maximizes item and material usage. It is a strategy for businesses to make more money, while also reducing waste and the amount of resources needed in order to operate. For the circular supply chain to function at scale, it needs industry 4.0 technologies.
This symposium connects professionals who bring experience and passion in supply chain, circular economy, and 4.0 technology. We will explore the connections among these topics and the pending effects on global supply chain. The purpose is to delve into the ways that the circular economy will impact supply chains, and determine approaches that global supply chains can prepare to support circularity. By the end of the symposium, we will have the foundations of using circularity as a supply chain strategy, ideas for measuring progress, and the early stages of action plans.
We will explore topics such as:
- How can we track and manage material loops on the supply chain?
- Do we need to manage “waste” as inventory? What would this mean?
- How much of the circular supply chain challenge could be solved if we only sourced secondary/reclaimed/reused materials?
- How can digital solutions remove barriers for a circular supply chain?
- What does the raw material market of the future look like, at scale (one that focuses only on secondary materials)?
- What are options to provide life-over-life tracking within our current inventory management tools?
- What would it take to have a self-driving circular supply chain?
If you are a supply chain professional with experience in 4.0 technologies and perspectives on the above questions, join us at this symposium!
Play the Blue Connection strategy game on November 18
To get us into the right mindset for the Symposium, we are offering the chance to take part in The Blue Connection circular economy strategy game: a hands-on competitive simulation exploring a circular business model. During the “Discover The Blue Connection Session,” participants will play the first rounds of the game. Working in groups of four, teams will act as the management team of a manufacturing company, designing and executing a circular strategy and business model. What will be your value proposition? And how are you going to translate this to your product design, supplier policy, your internal and external capacities, your bank relation and service proposition?
Join this discovery session and experience The Blue Connection yourself! This is as close to reality as you can get. Learn more about the game here: https://theblueconnection.org/
This event is hosted by GE Digital and the Association for Supply Chain Management.