The Circular Economy Club (CEC) is the international network of over 3,100 circular economy professionals and organizations from over 100 countries. Non-for-profit, global and open to anyone to join the club for free. The club's mission is to bring the circular economy to every corner of the world.
The goals by 2022 are:
- Bringing together local actors to create circular economy strategies in 200 cities.
- Embedding the circular economy in 200 university curriculums.
- Supporting 200 startups and companies to implement circular practices, through mentoring, funding and communications.
Those goals are achieved by the CEC online platform and three main programs:
- CEC Organizers program - for circular leaders to bring the circular economy to live in their cities, universities, hubs and companies;
- CEC Mentors program - for members with expert skills to give free advice to the most promising circular talent; and
- CEC Global events - for members to work collaboratively to solve local and global challenges.
CEC was formally established in London by Anna Tarí, who realized that there were a number of great initiatives but lacking visibility, the right tools, funding and connections in order to have an impact. CEC was set up to bridge this gap and to establish strong connections amongst the circular economy community, to share best practices and try our best to have an impact at a local and global level simultaneously. CEC is managed voluntarily by a team of 37 volunteers based all over the world and supported by the work of engaged club members who volunteer as CEC Mentors to give free mentorship to the youngest members, and CEC Organizers who bring CEC activities to their cities, universities and organizations. See the club's key developments:
- 3,100 members in 100 countries
- Launch of Advisory Committee
- 155 Organizers have opened local chapters all around the world
- 48 Mentors gave 130hours of mentoring to young startups and researchers
- 37 Team members based in 18 countries
- CEC Circular Economy Mapping Week takes place in 45 countries worldwide
- CEC collaborates with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation and the CEC Global DIF Viewing takes place in 48 cities globally
- CEC starts to run mentoring competitions with Prof. Walter Stahel and Prof. Michael Braungart
- Winner or Finalists of several awards and accolades: United Nations SDG Awards, Global Game Changers, edie Sustainability Leaders, OIJ, ...
- Launch of new website with member sign in, option to upload information and interact with other members
- 1,250 members in 42 countries
- CEC Organizers program is launched
- 18 Mentors gave 40hours of mentoring to young startups
- 15 Team members based in China, Colombia, India, Mexico, Spain, the UK, and the USA
- New partners on board including TheCirculars by WEF and Accenture
- 35 networking events, 26 workshops and 40 speaking engagements
- 520 members in 34 countries
- New website is launched with all sorts of information including events, funding calls, reports, you name it
- 7 Team members based in the UK, USA, Mexico and India
- 6 Mentors gave 25 hours of mentoring to startups
- 19 events take place, 5 workshops and 19 speaking engagements
- 250 members in 25 countries
- CEC Mentors program is launched
- Networking events kick off in the United Kingdom marking the official launch of the club
- 100 members in 10 countries
- Networking events kick off in Spain including dinners, after-work drinks, and informal gatherings of people interested in the circular economy
- CEC opens up as a club and members start to join
- The portal gathers +100 resources of information, including articles and research about the circular economy including biomimicry, industrial symbiosis and cradle to cradle
- Anna Tarí starts a portal for circular economy information and citizen mobilization
You can join the club now and play your part towards a circular global economy.
MEET THE CEC INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS
Individual members include designers, engineers, researchers and strategists who are setting the world standard around circular cities, energy, fashion, food, manufacturing and other sectors.
MEET THE CEC ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERS
Organizational members include corporates, consultancies, non-for-profits, networks, research groups and any organization who embed the circular economy into the core of their business.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
The club works hard to bring together a community of circular economy professionals who can be a driver of change in their communities. In recognition of that impact, CEC has received several accolades including:
Highly Commended - Circular Awards from WEF and Accenture - 2019
Iberoamerican Youth Organization - Winner 2018
United Nations SDGs Awards - Finalist 2018
edie Sustainability Leadership Awards - Finalist 2018
Global Game Changers Awards - Finalist 2018
Learn more from CEC and our key metrics by accessing the media kit:
Check out the photos taken during the local CEC events all around the world by browsing this gallery.