Welcome to the CEC Newsroom
All assets here are available for public use with attribution to the Circular Economy Club (CEC). Questions can be directed to Daniel Hiestand, CEC PR Coordinator, email@example.com
Sign up for CEC Press Releases by emailing daniel (at ) circulareconomyclub (dot) com or contact at @DanHiestand
About the CEC
The Circular Economy Club (CEC) is the international network of over 3,100 circular economy professionals and organizations from over 85 countries. Non-for-profit, global and open to anyone to join the club for free. Read more...
About the circular economy
The circular economy is a generic term for a restorative industrial economic model. It stands from the basis that our systems should work like organisms, processing nutrients that can be fed back into the cycle, hence the “restorative” term used. Read more...
The CEC exists to bring together the community of circular economy professionals to ensure we are sharing knowledge and initiating collaborations that will accelerate the transition towards a circular economy.
Access the Media Kit
CEC Organizers program
More than 100 CEC Organizers worldwide are leading the transition towards the circular economy in their cities by regularly organizing events, workshops, and initiatives in their cities, universities, co-working spaces and companies. Read more...
CEC Mentors program
The club counts with over 40 Mentors and +200 hours of complimentary mentoring for the young entrepreneurs and researchers who need advice when embedding circularity in their projects. Read more...
Access the Media Kit
- November 2018 - Prime Minister of Spain hands Youth Award to CEC Founder
- June 2018 - King of Spain hands LaCaixa Fellowship to CEC Founder
- Feb 2018 - Launch of the Circular Economy Mapping Week
- Access here press releases.
Anna Tarí, Founder & CEO
Previously, Anna managed relations with national governments, embassies, companies and national associations at the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) in London. Anna worked in the Communications Department of the UN Agency for tourism, the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), among other communication and innovation consultant experiences working with startups, foundations, local and national governments.
For interview inquiries email Daniel Hiestand, CEC PR Coordinator, at daniel( (at) circulareconomyclub (dot) com or @DanHiestand
Ibero-American Youth Award - Winner 2018
United Nations SDGs Awards - Finalist 2018
edie Sustainability Leadership Awards - Finalist 2018
Global Game Changers Awards - Finalist 2018
CEC in the News
- "New Open-Source Database Aims to Help Steer Worldwide Circular Economy Efforts through Collaboration," 6/20/18, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blog
- "The Circular Economy Club is Growing," 2/18, Global Recycling
- "The Edge SME Forum 2018: ‘It is time to build bridges," 7/16/18, The Edge Malaysia Weekly
- "Rethinking our economy: How do we sell in a circular economy with doughnut economics?" 7/31/17, SmartCompany
- "World innovators and influencers make the final cut," 8/14/18, The Herald (Scotland)
- "5 Highlights from Mapping Taiwan's Circular Economy Projects," 3/16/18, The News Lens (Taiwan)
- "Global Circular Economy Database Launched to Coordinate Circular Innovation," 5/2/18, Resource (magazine)
Multimedia for Your Story
Upcoming CEC Events
See our CEC Events page for upcoming CEC-related happenings.