Being a CEC Organizer is an exciting endeavour. The CEC Organizers Toolkit is designed to provide you with the tools to be successful. This information should make running CEC easier, more fun and ensure success. If there is something you think we should add, please just let us know - we are always open to suggestions.
A) Brand guidelines & all materials
Which logo should I use? Can I set up a Facebook group? Are there templates for slides and banners? Do not threat, the CEC core team will walk you through all the template materials.
B) Format of CEC activities
Which kind of sessions should you run? What format should they take? How often?
- Format of CEC activities
- More formats:
- Circular Economy Mapping Session
- DIF Viewing session in collaboration with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Screening session of "Closing the Loop" documentary
- Selecting & preparing speakers
C) Your team
If you’re going to organise great CEC activities, you’ll want to recruit a small but great team. How do you get started?
D) Venue + sponsors
Selecting the right venue and creating a budget for your events can be challenging but CEC has prepared the below information to help you with this.
You can anticipate having a full session hosting activities under the CEC brand, however, CEC still encourages you to advertise and promote your session to drive up attendance.
Before each event
- Your event registration page in Eventbrite or elsewhere
- Who to invite & invitation template
- Social media & press release
After each event
- Thank you email to attendees and collaborators
- Upload the best 10 photos from your session to the CEC Facebook group and CEC Linkedin group, include the: title, date and the city where the event took place;
- Share your participants and local members list with your CEC Organizers Coordinator so that they can be included in the CEC global monthly newsletters;
- Ask a participant to leave you a “Review” on your CEC Organizer profile; and
- Update your CEC page with information about the next activity.
Completed my year as a CEC Organizer, what next?
The CEC License has a validity of 1 year from the application date. We hope you have enjoyed your experience with CEC, and that your passion for circular economy has grown and reached your local community and consequently, you wish to renew your CEC licence. To do this we need two things from you:
- You will need to re-apply to the program via email and summarise in 4-5 bullet-points your main successes throughout the year (max 200 words); and
- You will need to get 2 people from your CEC local network to send a testimonial to the CEC Organizers Coordinator supporting your re-application to the program. The testimonial should be maximum 100 words and should include their opinion on 1) how your activities went and 2) what is impact you are creating in your local community. Once received, CEC will add this testimonial to your public CEC profile page.
Thank you for your interest in CEC. We believe that if we act collaboratively and globally, we can have a real impact and that’s why we are working together on this exciting journey.